TTL is seeking a Civil Design Project Engineer to join our Birmingham office. In this role, you will play a critical part on our team through design and project level management. This role performs a wide variety of industrial, commercial, municipal, and residential engineering tasks, including developing/analyzing alternative solutions; overseeing staff, and leading design projects. The individual must be able to understand and apply state and local design criteria to all above design sectors. Communication skills for coordination with clients, consultants, government agencies, and project staff will be required.
Key elements of work will include:
- Represent TTL in front of existing and potential clients.
- Manage project scopes of work, schedules, and budgets for a variety of projects.
- Provide engineering expertise on projects.
- Developing plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Reviewing and directing the work of others.
- Documenting the design process and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 3 to 6+ years of experience in engineering services with progressive responsibilities including commercial, residential, and general land development engineering, and project delivery.
- Alabama P.E. or the ability to obtain one within 6 months
- Working experience in use of AutoCAD / Civil 3D
- Technical and proposal writing skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong technical and proposal writing skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas and concepts.
- Effective communication and public presentation skills.
- Engaged in the professional engineering community.
- Desire and ability to work in a collaborative work environment.
- Self-initiative, a sense of urgency, and a strong desire to work as a team to grow an office.
- Desire and ability to mentor less-experienced engineers and support staff.
Job Type: Full-time
This position is subject to a pre-employment drug and motor vehicle record check
TTL is an EEO/AAP employer