Who We Are:
Founded in 1964, TTL is an engineering design firm focused on delivering integrated infrastructure solutions for public and private clients. From site and corridor selection to due diligence, design, and construction services, TTL is your trusted partner providing single-sourced custom solutions for complex infrastructure development. With more than 400 team members across the Southern United States, TTL provides a wide range of services, including civil, transportation, and geotechnical engineering; environmental consulting and remediation; testing, inspection, and observation of construction materials; and surveying.
What We Want:
Wanted: Workers with strong backs and stronger constitutions. TTL is hiring construction materials (CMT) field technicians to verify projects are being constructed per the plans and specifications. We need workers who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and don’t mind the sun, rain, or cold. Our job sites are fluid, dynamic environments, so a CMT field technician may be collecting concrete samples for testing one minute to hauling stone or asphalt for additional analysis the next. Experience isn’t required, nor is a college degree, but stamina – and the ability to haul at least 50 pounds – certainly is.
At TTL, we are driven to serve our clients, our communities, and especially our people. TTL provides a great work/life balance as well as excellent employee benefits, including a robust health and dental plan, a vision plan, a 401(k) program with a company match, flexible spending accounts, and generous paid-time off (PTO) accrual.
Build your foundation. Build your future. Build your legacy.
Come to TTL.
- Perform routine field tests and inspections of fresh cementitious and soil materials for the purpose of verifying conformance to construction plans and specifications
- Sample and monitor the placement of cementitious and soil materials
- Become knowledgeable of the operation of applicable testing equipment and procedures
- Perform basic field testing, understand terms, definitions, and concepts and applicable testing standards
- Maintain positive relationships with coworkers, clients, contractors, etc.
- Prepare daily reports, data sheets, and sample tickets
- Operate with close to moderate supervision
- Typical activities include, but are not limited to: observation and monitoring of soil placement; perform density testing on soil, base stone, and asphalt; sampling and testing of fresh concrete; preparation of soil and concrete test samples
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess or be willing to obtain within 180 days of hire one or more of the following
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I
- Ability to communicate professionally orally and in writing
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to lift and/or move at least 50 pounds
- Possess sufficient stamina to work outdoors in hot, cold, and/or wet conditions
- Possible additional hours and weekends to complete tasks on or ahead of schedule
- Keep assigned equipment and vehicles clean and in good working order
- Demonstrate compliance with all required safety protocol
- Accurate recordkeeping and compiling detailed field reports and test results
- Flexible scheduling during the workday and be able to respond quickly to new tasks
- 1 year of testing experience in soil, concrete, earthwork, and asphalt is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
This position is subject to a pre-employment drug and motor vehicle record check
TTL is an EEO/AAP employer.
Click the “Apply for job” button above to download our fillable application. Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.