Who We Are:
Founded in 1964, TTL is an engineering design firm focused on delivering integrated infrastructure solutions for public and private clients. From site and corridor selection to due diligence, design, and construction services, TTL is your trusted partner providing single-sourced custom solutions for complex infrastructure development. With more than 400 team members across the Southern United States, TTL provides a wide range of services, including civil, transportation, and geotechnical engineering; environmental consulting and remediation; testing, inspection, and observation of construction materials; and surveying.
What We Want:
Our focus is always on doing the job right, and we’re looking for someone willing to make sure that it is. TTL is hiring a construction materials testing (CMT) special inspector to make sure the finished product meets the designs and specifications as approved by our clients. But this job demands more than just checking boxes. Our CMT special inspectors are expected to be durable — working outdoors in hot, cold, or wet conditions is not uncommon – and capable of regularly lifting and moving at least 50 pounds. They also need to be smart. Inspector certifications are necessary for the job, and the right candidate either will come with them or be ready to obtain them in six months. Candidates also will need an eye for detail and the ability to clearly explain their findings. You’ll be expected to study – and quickly understand — construction plans and specifications, maintain compliance with all required safety protocols, and keep accurate recordkeeping of detailed laboratory analyses, reports, and field notes.
At TTL, we are driven to serve our clients, our communities, and especially our people. TTL provides a great work/life balance as well as excellent employee benefits, including a robust health and dental plan, a vision plan, a 401(k) program with a company match, flexible spending accounts, and generous paid-time off (PTO) accrual.
Build your foundation. Build your future. Build your legacy.
Come to TTL.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree in construction/engineering (preferred)
- 2-5 years relevant experience (preferred)
- Inspect work of contractors and compare to requirements presented in construction documents
- Prepare accurate, detailed reports on field and laboratory testing/inspection results
- Communicate with clients and contractors to explain deficient work and corrective action
- Read and understand construction plans and specifications
- Perform routine destructive and non-destructive testing services for cementitious, soil, steel, and other construction materials.
- Become knowledgeable of the operation of applicable testing equipment and procedures
- Perform intermediate and advanced field and laboratory testing
- Understand terms, definitions, and concepts and applicable testing standards
- Perform basic and intermediate calculations using simple mathematical skills
- Maintain an organized workspace and file system (physical and electronic)
- Able to stand and walk while transporting field equipment and samples
- Able to lift and/or move at least 50 pounds.
- Possess sufficient stamina to work outdoors in hot, cold, or wet conditions
- Clean driving record
- Keep assigned equipment and vehicles clean and in good working order
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping and compile detailed field reports and test results
- Be flexible with scheduling during the workday and able to respond quickly to new tasks
Certifications / Licenses Required (Desired):
Possess or be willing to obtain within 180 days of hire one or more of the following:
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I
- ICC Soils Special Inspector
- ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector
- ICC Structural Masonry Special Inspector
- ICC Structural Steel and Bolting Special Inspector
- ICC Welding Special Inspector
- ICC Spray Applied Fire Resistive Materials Special Inspector
- PTI Post-Tension Inspector Leve 1 or 2
- Study construction plans and specifications
- Quickly understand documents and compare requirements to as-built conditions
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Work additional hours and weekends to complete tasks on or ahead of schedule
- Overnight travel, as needed
- Be responsive and professional when interacting with clients
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance along with polite and respectful behavior
- Demonstrate compliance with all required safety protocol
Job Type: Full-time
This position is subject to a pre-employment drug and motor vehicle record check. TTL is an EEO/AAP employer.
Click the “Apply for job” button above to download our fillable application. Please email it to email@example.com.