Who We Are:
Founded in 1964, TTL is an engineering design firm focused on delivering integrated infrastructure solutions for public and private clients. From site and corridor selection to due diligence, design, and construction services, TTL is your trusted partner providing single-sourced custom solutions for complex infrastructure development. With more than 425 team members across the Southern United States, TTL provides a wide range of services, including civil, transportation, and geotechnical engineering; environmental consulting and remediation; testing, inspection, and observation of construction materials; and surveying.
What We Want:
We are seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist with at least 15 years of experience to join our environmental practice in the southeastern U.S. You will have the opportunity to apply your skills to projects involving contaminated site assessment and remediation; landfill site suitability assessment, landfill monitoring and corrective action; state and federal environmental compliance; mineral resources evaluations, and groundwater resource evaluations. Staff training and mentoring will also be an important part of your responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Client management, including managing client expectations and maintaining routine communication with clients and regulatory agencies;
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan;
- Exhibit strong leadership and decision-making skills;
- Ensure TTL Policies and Procedures are followed;
- Ensure technical quality of all client deliverables;
- Mentor and train junior staff in the field and office;
- Manage fieldwork, site investigation and characterization, including sediment, soil, surface water, groundwater assessments, drilling, and contractor oversight;
- Manage multiple solid waste projects (siting, characterization, monitoring & permitting);
- Plan, conduct, manage aquifer tests and hydrogeologic data analyses;
- Data analysis/visualization of site investigation data including the preparation of tables, maps, and figures using both industry-standard and cutting-edge applications;
- Monitoring and oversight of site remediation and environmental construction projects;
- Support fate and transport modeling, natural attenuation evaluations, and risk assessment;
- Preparation and/or perform senior level review of written documents such as proposals, work plans, cost estimates, and investigative reports;
- Assist in the development of proposals and other business development activities such as presentations and conference attendance.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, geology, hydrogeology, or geochemistry. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental engineering, geology, hydrogeology, or geochemistry. (preferred)
- Professional Licensure (P.E. and/or P.G.) (required)
- At least 15 years of applied, relevant experience and education;
- Experience conducting and directing geologic and hydrogeologic evaluations throughout the southeastern U.S.
- Honesty and integrity in all business areas;
- Strong oral and technical writing skills;
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and refreshers;
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel.
- Demonstrated success in the environmental consulting industry;
- Groundwater resource evaluation, well design, and permitting experience;
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with state & federal agencies;
- Experience with down-hole geophysical techniques & log interpretation;
- Experience with groundwater statistical analysis;
- Experience with PFAS sampling, data evaluation and/or remediation project is desired
- Karst & land subsidence experience;
- Experience using various geologic software;
- Geologic mapping and geologic interpretations experience;
- Experience with various subsurface drilling methodologies
- Ability to serve as expert witness.
Click the “Apply for job” button above to download our fillable application. Please email it to email@example.com.