Who We Are:
Founded in 1964, TTL is an engineering design firm focused on delivering integrated infrastructure solutions for public and private clients. From site and corridor selection to due diligence, design, and construction services, TTL is your trusted partner providing single-sourced custom solutions for complex infrastructure development. With more than 400 team members across the Southern United States, TTL provides a wide range of services, including civil, transportation, and geotechnical engineering; environmental consulting and remediation; testing, inspection, and observation of construction materials; and surveying.
What We Want:
TTL is hiring a Construction Stormwater Inspector (SWPPP Inspector) to conduct Stormwater Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) inspections in accordance with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality’s (TCEQ) Permit TXR150000 and the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality’s (ODEQ) Permit OKR10. The SWPPP Inspector position requires a reliable, honest, self-motivated, and detailed-oriented individual.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the SWPPP Inspector requires driving to construction sites throughout Texas and Oklahoma and performing SWPPP inspections to maintain compliance with State regulatory regulations. Construction projects are generally linear-based projects. Additional duties are to:
- Monitor, record, and report any issues related to stormwater pollution, such as sediment and erosion controls measures, stormwater runoff, and other stormwater pollution preventions
- Prepare accurate, correct, and timely SWPPP inspection reports
- Document and report all deficiencies in a timely and professional manor
- Update the SWPPP using a construction inspection software application
- Communicate any identified deficiencies to the construction representative or environmental specialist assigned to the project
- Participate in safety meetings
- Highschool diploma or GED equivalent
- 0-2 years of stormwater inspection experience
- Basic understanding of the principles, practices, and planning of stormwater management techniques including, but not limited to, erosion controls, sediment controls, and other best management practices
- Ability to operate independently and work in a team environment
- Ability to work in all types of weather and field conditions
- Must be able to work outside typical daily 8 am to 5 pm hours
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must have basic computer skills
- Ability to read topographic maps and construction plans
- Organize, file, and maintain detailed inspection reports
- Follow TTL’s and Client-specific health and safety standards
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Time management
Preferred Certification (one of the following preferred)
- QCIS – Qualified Compliance Inspector of Stormwater
- CESSWI – Certified Erosion, Sediment and Stormwater Inspector, or
- CISEC – Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control
Job Type: Full-time
This position is subject to a pre-employment drug and motor vehicle record check. TTL is an EEO/AAP employer.
Click the “Apply for job” button above to download our fillable application. Please email it to email@example.com.